LAN & Connectivity
Assist in ensuring the provision of optimal user support on all IT network infrastructure
Roles and Responsibility
- Assist in providing technical support to end users of IT network infrastructure
- Assist in ensuring the prompt resolution of escalated faults and requests from the call centre and helpdesk. Act as second level of support for escalated issues.
- Maintain relationships with third-party vendors and ensure that agreed SLAs are achieved.
- Assist in setting up and maintaining network management system tools to ensure network devices are constantly monitored.
- Assist in setting up and executing technical test plans for device modification, new deployment and upgrades.
- Assist in monitoring and troubleshooting network infrastructure (LAN, WAN, routers, cabling, etc) related issues and requests down to the last line of support before escalating to third-party vendors.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date record of escalated issues and resolution status (i.e. a detailed maintenance schedule).
- Monitor infrastructure performance and recommend adjustments to ensure optimal response time to the Manager, Network Infrastructure Support.
- Liaise with the help desk to ensure infrastructure related incidents are resolved efficiently and in a timely manner in compliance with Service Level Agreements.
- Liaise with relevant unit/ team/function in carrying out all relevant activities.
- Attend team/divisional/departmental meetings as required.
- Provide guidance and manage the performance of subordinates (where applicable).
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports